Customers who shop online will only trust their hard-earned money to merchants who promise and deliver layers of security to protect shoppers’ personal and financial information. To help shoppers stay safe online, we compiled this list of tips to help keep your information safe from potential thieves:
- Avoid public computers and public Wi-Fi when shopping online. Instead, even if you’re using a mobile device, shop from home with a secure Internet connection to make it more difficult for your credit card number(s) to be compromised.
- Never share your personal information via email or text; only submit credit card numbers at check out on a secure website.
- Only use credit cards when shopping online. There are laws that limit for how much customers are liable if a problem occurs, and, unlike with a debit card, your bank account remains protected while you sort things out with the credit card company.
- Check that every online merchant you shop has a physical address and contact information.
- Be sure to log out of your account once your purchase is complete, and clear your browser of cookies. Emptying your cache and temporary Internet files folder reduces the chance of having your information fall into the wrong hands.
eFaucets partners with some of the nation’s leading security and credit card processing companies to give shoppers the most secure shopping experience possible. Some of the steps we take to earn and keep your trust include:
- State-of-the-art security check-out procedures
- Multiple layers of fraud protection to safeguard your personal information
- Not storing credit card information so each transaction is unique, decreasing the risk of potential exposure
At eFaucets, we believe shopping online should feel just as comfortable as visiting your favorite shops, so we have implemented these measures as well as others to keep you and your information as safe as possible.