Moen Faucets is making a big move towards Sustainability with water efficiency.
Think about the amount of water used to bathe, brush your teeth, and wash dishes every day. For an average single family daily indoor water use is just over 69 gallons of water per day. By installing more efficient faucets and showerheads and regularly checking for leaks households can reduce daily water useage by up to 40%.
Thinking Green is not a new concept at Moen. Since 1982 Moen has been developing innovative processes and products to conserve water and reduce waste. Moen is an EPA WaterSense Partner. Many Moen bathroom Faucets are already WaterSense certified. All residential bathroom faucets from Moen will be WaterSense certified in 2009 and will incorporate a flow optimized aerator using 30% less water. Meeting WaterSense and contributing towards LEED requirements without sacrificing performance.
Think about this. A 10 minute shower can utilize between 25-50 gallons of water. Thats why Moen offer flow-optimized showerheads. They use 30% less water and out perform the standard flow rate so you get a great shower while reducing water consumption.
Moen also promotes sustainable practices from manufacturing to shipping. Moen recycles about 90% of all metals, scrap and returned products. As the number one brand in North America, Moen feels it is their job to lead the way when it comes to protecting our water supply. According to Moen, “Every Drop Counts”.
eFaucets.com is the leading online retailer of Faucets. We carry every Moen product including Moen Faucets, and Moen Sinks. Free Ground Shipping on all orders over $99. Award winning site, large selection, low prices and excellent customer service. The Faucet leader. Why shop elsewhere?
Kaldewei has dedicated itself to environmental sustainability for over 90 years now. After all, Kaldewei manufactures its high quality enamel products exclusively from natural materials. And a consistent materials philosophy also includes the fact that all baths and shower trays made of Kaldewei steel enamel 3.5 mm can be recycled completely at the end of their lifespan, meaning they can be used directly as raw materials to make steel. A 30-year guarantee along with environmentally sound manufacturing, packaging, transport and disposal procedures – these qualities make Kaldewei products ideal for eco-friendly construction projects.
is not only Europe’s #1 bath company, but it is the first German Bathroom Fixtures
company to be awarded the IBU Certificate in 2009. Sustainable construction is the concept of the future. One of the basic requirements for its realisation is the use of construction products cer tified for sustainability in accordance with the ISO 14025 environmental declaration issued by IBU. The certification procedure assesses the use of resources, the energy requirements and the emissions produced over the entire manufacturing and recycling process. Product proper ties and overall per formance are also subject to tough evaluation criteria. In comparison with acrylic baths and shower trays, Kaldewei steel enamel 3.5 mm can demonstrate an exemplary environmental scorecard. Kaldewei is the first German bathroom fixtures company to be awarded the IBU cer tificate – a welcome confirmation after decades of practicing an uncompromising brand and materials philosophy.
General Statements of the Declaration
- Steel is easy to recycle. The usage of steel as a recycling material
contributes to the saving of resources. There is no use of “downcycling“
- Kaldewei products can be 100 % recycled and do not require the further separation of steel
and enamel, so that the down-cycling required for many other materials can be avoided
- Downsizing and renaturation does not cause any environmental pollution
- Used bathtubs and shower trays are not waste. In case you want to dispose it, you can treat it a normal construction waste (no special waste).
Eco-balance Kaldewei Steel Enamel
- Life cycle analysis includes the phases of life “from the cradle to the factory gate“ as well as the recycling potential
- the certification procedure also assesses the winning of the base materials, the production of preliminary products and other raw and auxiliary materials
– production of steel bathtubs and shower trays
– production of enamel
– necessary supporting and packaging material
– transportation of main material and auxiliary materials
– company operating (energy consumption, waste, emissions)
– disposal of waste
– recycling potential
- the usage itself is not included in the declaration
- In aspects of ecological and economical purposes the material steel enamel is superior
- The results show that the contribution to sustainable building is much bigger when choosing a Kaldewei product thanany alternative material.
eFaucets.com was the first online retailer to bring Kaldewei Baths online as eFaucets.com is the largest online retailer of faucets, fixtures and accessories for the Kitchen and Bath. Shop eFaucets.com for the entire line of Kaldewei tubs and faucets at great prices.