Celebrity gourmet chefs are no longer the only ones enjoying the conveniences of a professional grade kitchen. Whether you’re a cooking star, a wonder mom or the occasional entertainer, today’s amenity-packed kitchen designs can make cooking at home simpler and more efficient. Your kitchen will also be the conversation point with guests when you entertain.
According to Jeff Pratt, Vice President of Sales for Danze, Inc., a leading manufacturer of designer faucets, bath accessories and showerheads, it’s now easier than ever to create a beautiful, professional-grade kitchen in your own home.
“We all want a kitchen that is stylish but takes the pressure out of cooking. Today’s kitchen designs have evolved to meet that need,” Pratt says. “Manufacturers are creating new kitchen products with a busy lifestyle in mind, and are offering home cooks conveniences that were previously only available to professional restaurateurs.”
Pratt points to the Danze Parma Kitchen faucet as just one example of a professional-grade convenience for the home. The contemporary-style faucet is turned on automatically by placing your hands in front of a sensor at the spout base – perfect for those times when your hands are full or when you’re working with raw meat. Homeowners predetermine and preset the water temperature and the time of the water flow. The faucet also has a single handle manual control for those times when you want to adjust the flow or temperature.
“Everyone could use an extra hand in the kitchen,” Pratt says. “Now, technology is allowing our kitchens to do more of the work for us.” Whether you’re building a new kitchen or simply remodeling, try these simple tips to help make your kitchen hum with professional-grade efficiency.
- Identify your needs. The best kitchens are personalized to suit your cooking habits. Before installing anything, make a practical list of must-have items for your lifestyle. For instance, if your family’s schedule makes it tough to sit down to dinner together, a warming oven may be just the thing to give everyone a hot meal. Determine those must-haves, then design the rest of the room.
- Location, location, location. Meal preparation requires multitasking to ensure everything has a place and is ready at the same time. To simplify the process, consider adding access to water near your key cooking surfaces. Wall-mounted or deck-mounted pot-filler faucets bring water right to your stovetop without heavy lifting, and they come in a range of styles and finishes to suit your personal taste.
- Find a finish that lasts. - Stainless steel is a professional grade finish for sinks, countertops, appliances and faucets because the surface is easy to maintain and stands up to abuse over time. Be sure to select a finish that not only captures your style but can take whatever you dish out.
- Choose your faucet wisely. – Make sure your Danze kitchen faucets match your cooking needs. Articulated spouts move out of the way as you put larger pots into the sink. If you’re the type who frequently washes fresh fruits and vegetables, try a pull-down or pull-out faucet that sprays exactly where you direct the water flow.
- Design with clean up in mind. A good kitchen design not only helps with meal preparation but makes clean up easy too. Baked-on food won’t stand up to a blast from professional-grade faucets like the Danze Pre-Rinse kitchen faucet. This spring-mounted faucet has a high arc to accommodate big pots and pans. For those jobs you don’t want to waste time pre-rinsing, look for a professional-grade dishwasher that offers extra-large, expandable racks that are big enough to fit the dishes and pots and pans piled up from a night of entertaining.
Even if you don’t cook like a professional, you can still enjoy the conveniences. Whether your style is contemporary or traditional, today’s variety of professional-grade kitchen amenities ensure your design possibilities and culinary creations are endless.
Danze is the leading provider of jewelery for the home. They provide luxury at an affordable price based on the fact that they are one of the largest vertically integrated manufacturers. Many faucet brands are just brands manufacturered and assembeled by other. Danze is owned by Globe Union so they are an OEM manufacturer which can control quality and maintain pricing. eFaucets is a top authorized retailer of Danze Faucets and products online and carriers the entire DANZE line shipping direct from the Danze factory.
Riobel’s kitchen faucet line has a major new addition: the Edge. Equipped with a dual pull-down spray, the Edge’s minimalist, sleek and very modern look make it unique. Its distinguished lines and graceful finish blend in perfectly with kitchens having either contemporary or eclectic decors.
With a high-quality ceramic cartridge and a flow rate of 8.3 liters per minute (2.2 gpm – at 60 PSI), this faucet’s unique design, impeccable lines, and flawless technical features set it apart from all others.
The Edge’s quiet pull-down spray, with a hose made of 50% polypropylene and 50% polyester-aluminum, is another of its special characteristics. The hose is also equipped with a swivel joint, making the spray easy and pleasant to use.
Another of the Edge’s advantages is that this single-handle faucet is available not only in the regular model version, but as a prep sink faucet as well. This smaller version also has a dual pull-down spray. For consumers seeking a coordinated look in their kitchen, this detail is a definite plus. The Edge is presently available in the regular (ED101) and prep sink faucet (ED601) models, in chrome or brushed nickel finishes.
eFaucets.com is the leading U.S. retailer of Riobel and is the online leader of kitchen faucets. Check out eFaucets Reviews here. Free Shipping on most products and excellent customer service. Please call at 800-891-0896. We offer the best prices and will not be undersold!
Bath Works, Steel Works, and Brass Works by Schön present classic designs for the modern ages. The uncomplicated form and pure, clean lines harmonize perfectly with your modern décor, while each piece is its own expression of elegance and beauty. Undeniable sophistication and refinement with a flourish of restrained panache fuse together in the form of timeless designs for your kitchen and bath.
Schön’s signature faucet is the Schön Pre-Rinse Kitchen Faucet 410-CP shown above. The faucet has the option for a 1 or 3 Hole Installation with an optional cover plate that is included. The specs are 1/2″ IPS Inlets with a 21″ Spout Height, a 9″ Spout Reach, a 5 1/4″ Sprayhead Clearance and a 1 1/2″ Maximum Deck Thickness. The faucet has a Lever Handle and comes in a Chrome Finish.
What makes Schön so great is exceptional design with great value. They give you what you are looking for at a great price. You are not overpaying for German stlye faucets. eFaucets is the leading retailer of Schön Faucets and Sinks with Free Shipping. The brand gets two thumbs up from the Faucet Expert ™ for both high end modern style and value.
The Grohe K4 collection of kitchen faucets
The kitchen is the central meeting point of every household. From breakfast to relaxing with friends, its design needs to meet the requirements of all of its users. Before you start, consider all the tasks and activities that you would like to use the space for and include an area for each of these.
Both the size and shape of your kitchen will help you to determine the best way to utilise the space. The principal activity zones: the sink, the cooker or hob and a preparation/serving area, should be laid out in a triangle and contained within an area that is uninterrupted by through traffic. This is often referred to as the work triangle and is the most efficient way to plan a kitchen, as it cuts down on time spent walking between these areas. It may be that you will need to re-locate some of the service points – e.g. water, electricity and waste pipes – within the space to create the best layout.
Locating the essentials
Ideally there should be an area of work surface, either side of the sink and hob. Freestanding range-style cookers give a semi-professional look. If you prefer built-in appliances, then consider locating a single or double oven in a tall unit as they are more convenient to use at this height. Remember that front-loading appliances, such as ovens and dishwashers, will require extra space in front of them for comfortable access. Locate this dishwasher adjacent to the sink, so that you can easily pre-rise dishes before loading the dishwasher.
Style and design
Consider the amount of storage space you will need for food, pans, tableware and small appliances. Locate wide pan drawers between the sink and the hob and allow adequate surface space for the kettle, toaster and other frequently used extras. Wall units often make a small kitchen appear smaller, so consider glass-fronted doors for a lighter feel, or combine them with open shelving. Tall pull-out larders are now popular and allow easy access to all their contents. Mid-height and full-height units can be used to house a built-in appliance as well as provide extra storage space.
Open-plan kitchen/dining areas are now a popular choice. If you have the space, include an island or peninsular unit to separate the work zone from the dining area. Here, choosing a different worktop material will add interest and help to define the two areas. This is also a good place to locate a breakfast bar for informal dining and a second sink.
For great kitchen faucets that will set the style for you kitchen and home, we recommend Grohe Kitchen Faucets.