Features of Kitchen Faucets
Left image: Grohe K4 single-lever faucet in chrome with pull-out rinsing spray.
Right image: The rinsing spray retracts into the spout and offers a choice of two patterns.
The kitchen faucet is now a sophisticated piece of engineering. To meet the demands of keen cooks, high wide-angle swivel spouts with large extension and extractable rinsing sprays are fast becoming a pre-requisite and higher spouts the norm.
As the spout of a kitchen faucet is that much higher and longer than that of most bathroom faucets its shape will dramatically influence the look of your kitchen. Some spouts form a gentle arc from the base of the faucet body and have a low profile, other U-, L- and C-spouts transform the faucet into a focal point as they rise elegantly above the work level. Left: Grohe Minta features a U-shaped spout and pull-out mousseur
Extra-large pots are now commonplace in the kitchen, so make sure you select a faucet with a spout that is high enough to accommodate your largest pan. If you have a double sink ensure that you choose a faucet with a wide swivel action to allow you to switch easily between the bowls – some models now feature a 360 degrees swivel spout.
Pull-out mousseurs and ergonomically-designed hand sprays bring extra functionality to the workspace. Both are attached to a retractable hose that sits within the spout. Many handsprays feature a trigger action button, which activates a wide spray pattern – perfect for rinsing delicate salad leaves. Look out for silicone nozzles as these repel limescale and are easy to clean.
Left: Grohe Europlus single-lever mixer with swivel spout and pull-out spray
Step-By-Step Instructions for Installing Kitchen Sink Faucets
Installing Kohler Kitchen Faucets. The installation above is for a Kohler single handle kitchen faucet with a side spray. Its easy as 1-2-3 and you can do it quickly and easily while saving yourself $100′s of dollars. Buy it online and install it yourself in minutes. After removing the old faucet, slide the undercover over the faucet supply hoses and the hose outlet. Feed the faucet supply hoses and outlet through the sink hole and position the faucet. Slide the bracket and washer over the stud and thread on the nut and tighten securely. From under the sink, securely hand tighten the nut onto the water supply shut off valve. Insert the spray holder through the sink hole. Insert the hand spray hose through the spray holder and attach the hose to the hose outlet.
Kohler Faucets are some of the best and most durable faucets sold. Save money by buying them online from the online faucet leader eFaucets.com. They ship out the same day as ordered and quick ship right to your door step. Just in time to install on the weekend. Local stores may carry a few products but all the KOHLER products are available online so you have all the options that match your desire.
Do-It-Yourself Kitchen Faucet Installation Video
Installing a new Kitchen Faucet is as easy as 1-2-3 once you watch this (DIY) Do-It-Yourself installation video from our partner Moen Faucets.
Before you get started you just need to make sure you have just a few simple tools. A phillips head screwdriver, some adjustable wrenches, pipe tape, flashlight, safety glasses and plumbing puddy.
The Faucet being installed in this video is a pull down faucet with a sprayer from Moen Faucets. You can check out Moen Kitchen Faucets at eFaucets.com, the online leader of Faucets, Fixtures and accessories for the Kitchen and Bath. eFaucets has all the Kitchen Faucets anyone can imagine for any home kitchen and style.
- The first thing you need to do is turn off the hot and cold water supply valves underneath the sink.
- Next you want to relieve any pressure from the existing faucet buy turning it on and removing and water still inside of it.
- Then you want to disconnect the water supply lines at the shut off valves.
- Unscrew the washer and nut for the faucet from underneath the sink and then remove the faucet from the mounting hole in the top of the counter top or sink.
- Now that the faucet has been removed. Wipe down the faucet mounting area to remove and water or debris.
- A pull down kitchen faucet should come with the pull down sprayer wand, weight, supply lines, and hardware.
- The first step in installing the new faucet is to take the mounting washer and put it over the supply lines all the way up to the base of the faucet.
- Now put the supply lines through the mounting hole and place the faucet on top of the deck.
- Take the washer on the bottom and attach it to the mounting stud and tighten so the faucet is secure to the countertop or sink.
- Now take the supply line for the spray wand and push it through the faucet spout.
- Connect the quick connect water lines from the faucet to the spray line. For Moen these are called Hyrdo-Lock connections. You will need to do this for both hot and cold water lines.
- Next turn the shut-off water valves back on and you are ready to flush the faucet out.
- Now you are ready to attach the wand assembly to the hose. Screw it on and then push the spray wand up to the faucet spout and the hose should go up into the spout.
- The final step is to attach the hose weight around the supply line for the wand underneath the sink. The weight is what help pull back or retract the wand when you let go of it.