Do-It-Yourself Kitchen Faucet Installation Video
Installing a new Kitchen Faucet is as easy as 1-2-3 once you watch this (DIY) Do-It-Yourself installation video from our partner Moen Faucets.
Before you get started you just need to make sure you have just a few simple tools. A phillips head screwdriver, some adjustable wrenches, pipe tape, flashlight, safety glasses and plumbing puddy.
The Faucet being installed in this video is a pull down faucet with a sprayer from Moen Faucets. You can check out Moen Kitchen Faucets at eFaucets.com, the online leader of Faucets, Fixtures and accessories for the Kitchen and Bath. eFaucets has all the Kitchen Faucets anyone can imagine for any home kitchen and style.
- The first thing you need to do is turn off the hot and cold water supply valves underneath the sink.
- Next you want to relieve any pressure from the existing faucet buy turning it on and removing and water still inside of it.
- Then you want to disconnect the water supply lines at the shut off valves.
- Unscrew the washer and nut for the faucet from underneath the sink and then remove the faucet from the mounting hole in the top of the counter top or sink.
- Now that the faucet has been removed. Wipe down the faucet mounting area to remove and water or debris.
- A pull down kitchen faucet should come with the pull down sprayer wand, weight, supply lines, and hardware.
- The first step in installing the new faucet is to take the mounting washer and put it over the supply lines all the way up to the base of the faucet.
- Now put the supply lines through the mounting hole and place the faucet on top of the deck.
- Take the washer on the bottom and attach it to the mounting stud and tighten so the faucet is secure to the countertop or sink.
- Now take the supply line for the spray wand and push it through the faucet spout.
- Connect the quick connect water lines from the faucet to the spray line. For Moen these are called Hyrdo-Lock connections. You will need to do this for both hot and cold water lines.
- Next turn the shut-off water valves back on and you are ready to flush the faucet out.
- Now you are ready to attach the wand assembly to the hose. Screw it on and then push the spray wand up to the faucet spout and the hose should go up into the spout.
- The final step is to attach the hose weight around the supply line for the wand underneath the sink. The weight is what help pull back or retract the wand when you let go of it.