Do-It-Yourself Bathroom Faucet Installation Video
Ever wonder how tough it is to install your own bathroom faucet. The great folks at Moen Faucets make it easy. Its as simple as buying online and installing it yourself with this video to save you $100’s of dollars. Just watch the video and follow the easy steps outlined below.
1) Before you start the install you will need to make sure you have a few basic tools.
- New supply lines
- Adjustable wrenches
- A basin wrench if you have one
- A Phillips head screwdriver
2) Before you start actually installing the faucet, prepare the sink area. Always turn the water supply off before removing the existing faucet.
3) Now turn the faucet on to remove water pressure from inside the faucet and to ensure the water is completely off.
4) Disconnect the supply lines from the shut off valves.
5) Now we are ready to remove the old lift rod.
6) Take the old faucet off and make sure to clean and dry the mounting area before you start the installation of the new faucet.
7) Next you will need the faucet assembly, mounting nuts and lift rod and escutcheon gasket.
8) Place the new faucet on the sink with the new gasket provided. Use plumbers puddy if no gasket is provided to create a tight seal with the sink deck.
9) Tighten the mounting screws underneath the deck. If necessary you can use a basin wrench which makes working in a tight area easy and quicker.
10) Connect and tighten the supply lines to your existing hot and cold water supply lines.
11) You may need to install a new waste or drain assembly with your new faucet. For detailed instructions please refer to the instructions within your faucet box.
12) Next you will need to install the lift rod. Insert your lift rod through the hole in the top of the faucet. Insert the end into the lift rod strap which is connected the waste or drain assembly. Secure by tightening the lift rod strap screw to finalize the assembly.
13) Open the hot and cold water shut off valves before turning on the supply valves.
14) Now that the faucet is fully assembled, you are ready to test your new faucet. To avoid any damage to your plumbing, be sure to flush the new faucet. Make sure the handles are in the on position and allow the water to run for 15 seconds.
15) Your new faucet is now ready to use. The example faucet in the installation video is a brushed nickel life shine finish faucet from Moen Faucets. Moen’s Life Shine finish will not corrode and the finish will not wear off. Moen Faucets are backed by a lifetime limited warranty. Moen is a featured partner and eFaucets.com is the online leader of faucets and your leading source for Moen Bathroom Faucets.