If you’re looking for a kitchen sink that stands up to almost anything and keeps its good looks years into the future, you can’t beat a stainless steel kitchen sink. Here are five reasons you should invest in one:
- Cost – You will get more for your money with a stainless steel sink. With prices starting at about $100 for a solid sink with noise reduction pads that can handle the weight and vibration of a garbage disposal, stainless steel is a solid choice for economics alone. The lower the gauge, the thicker the steel and, sometimes, the higher the price. To get the most out of your sink- without breaking the bank – we recommend sticking with a 17- to 18-gauge sink.
- Versatility – Stainless steel kitchen sinks come in just as many shapes, sizes and bowl configurations as any other material. The only real difference is the lack of color choice, but when you’re looking for something that never goes out of style and matches anything, you can’t go wrong with stainless steel.
- Easy maintenance – Keeping a stainless steel sink looking great doesn’t require much more than regular cleaning with mild soap (like your dish soap) and a once-in-a-while scrubbing with baking soda and a wet terry cloth towel. Wipe off with a soft, clean towel and enjoy the shine.
- It can take the heat – Hot pots and pans can be placed directly into a stainless steel kitchen sink without damaging either the sink or the pots. And if you drop even your fancy china into a stainless steel sink, your dishes are much less likely to get damaged because stainless is more flexible and forgiving than stone or cast iron.
- Stainless is the new black – With so many homeowners opting for stainless appliances, the addition of a stainless steel kitchen sink creates a more cohesive aesthetic. More, even with black and/or white appliances and cabinets in either wood or painted, a stainless steel sink blends in perfectly.